Welcome to Mwah!

Mwah is the place to be if you want to find out just how good new products are before you buy them, what new styles and trends are out and tips and tricks on hair, beauty, fitness and clothing!

Enjoy!

If anyone wants me to review any particular new product, email shelbypriestley@hotmail.uk :)





Saturday 1 December 2012

Nice and Easy Colour Blend Foam-Medium Golden Brown Review

Two weeks ago I did something I really, really regret and dyed my hair from bright red to very dark brown/black. First, before you start questioning, I didn't ACTUALLY intend to go this dark. I stripped my hair to a dark blonde and applied Nice and Easy Colour Blend Foam in the Medium Golden Brown shade.


I decided to go a medium brown because whilst I loved being a bright red-head, I found it hard to match make-up and clothes to it. I also wanted a toned down hair colour for winter.

The Foam Dye was extremely easy to use on my short hair. It was as easy to use as putting shampoo on your hair. But the ease of application and the nice, florally smell it had is the only positive thing about this product in my opinion.



The intructions advised me to keep the dye on for at least 25 minutes. So after applying, I sat with my feet up and waited. After about five/ten minutes, I got up, walked by my mirror and then backtracked in horror. The dye looked pitch black on my head! I've had black hair before for around four years so I've got no problem with black hair, but it was so hard to get out and change to a different colour that I refused to ever go black again. I frantically grabbed a towel and leapt in the shower to rinse it off after only ten minutes but it was too late.

It was midnight black.

Now, two weeks later, it is only just starting to fade to a dark brown. And whilst i'm getting used to the colour now, I really don't like it.



 I've bought a red dye (Garnier Olia Intense Red, I will be reviewing it so keep looking out for it!) and I am going to strip it again and go back red. Wish me luck!

The dye would be perfect for someone with dark hair or who would like to go really dark, and it smells lovely and is simple to apply. But be careful which colour you choose.

Anyone else had this problem? And has anyone used the Garnier Olia Intense Red shade? Is it any good?

Shelby :)








No comments:

Post a Comment